Welcome...

Pull up a chair. Not that one! It's still damp from the drink that got tipped all over it. That's it, get comfy and we can get started on our chat. I'll just put the kettle on...

Friday 5 June 2009

Not so funny faces

He might be smiling here, but this young man threw the mother of all tantrums this morning.



It started because we had run out of brown (bran) flakes. That was at a quarter to seven. He finally ran out of steam at half past nine. We had tried ignoring it, cuddling him (how do you cuddle a bundle of kicks?), talking calmly, saying 'that's enough', leaving him on his own... I had to eat a big chunk of chocolate by the time it was all over!
We eventually made it to toddler group for a messy play session and after he'd painted quietly for a bit, he came over and we had a proper hug together, then he sat on my lap and ate his sandwiches. I love my boy, but some days are tough.

No comments: